Monday, January 30, 2012

Capture, Rapture


Something in your eyes
Reached straight into me
Hurtling its course
Through my eyes, through my throat
To my heart, to my gut
To my core
Roiling a great wake
Wherever it went
And I was caught
On your hook
Because you showed me
The part that calls out desperately
To be seen, and to be hugged
And I wanted to follow that line
All the way inside you
Point for point of contact
Till I knew
All your secret landscapes.

So I have been called
Not once, not twice,
But every time
So now I think
This isn’t made of you and me
But of the light that always seeks its own
It never asks for our consent
But darts out instantly
Like electricity
And sets the current running strong
To its own ends, to serve its song
Regardless of the constructs
We’ve presented as ourselves
The light is what seduces us:
It’s our desire to be lit up
That keeps us ever coming back for more.


©Wendy Mulhern
January 30, 2012



1 comment: