Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday Meeting

It happened to me tonight at the Wednesday meeting that all the readings went straight into my heart.  Images from the Bible that had sometimes seemed obscure to me were suddenly perfectly clear, sometime illustrations of things I was feeling and struggling to find words for; at other times explanations of things I am just starting to see develop.  The testimonies of others continued this line of illumination.

Readings On Change

Every word she read was lucid, sure
No mystery, no image odd, obscure
The Branch will show us what it means to live
You change them as a vesture, and they’re changed
I felt the Branch a coursing of connection
where everything is nourished from its source
The Spirit fount flows forth immutable
and sends clear brightness down its perfect course
I feel the Spirit source in all my being
and how it surges through and makes me new
Its fearless strength provides a way of seeing
that makes each impulse clear, each action true
When forms have failed, they’re lightly put aside
replaced by what the Spirit will provide.



©Wendy Mulhern
June 8, 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment