Monday, June 13, 2011

Shaken World

Can’t go another night without a poem
though, running on a path of zebra stripes
I feel I’ve quantum lurched to black from white
the image of my life now bent and curled
slow dawning sense I’m in a different world
a steely world where nothing fits
and bolts attempting entrance leave a corkscrewed sheer
of metal as they grind against the threads
and fail to turn, and ruin the connection
as things begin to flail and come unhinged
and catch the wind in awkward twists
that make them creak and bend
and crash in heaps, their virgin surface
unrestorable.
But can a world so horrible
become my sphere?
Can any scene sail in, take over
force its stamp of misery upon my day?
Can I not quantum leap back where I came?
A world lost in an instant is regained as fast
This scene may shake me but it cannot last.



©Wendy Mulhern
June 12, 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment