Monday, May 30, 2011

After the Dance

I feel somewhat shy about sharing this poem.  Though I have tried to get as many people as possible to look at my blog - alerting them to poems I have written about them - this one I will be quiet about.  The feeling too strong, perhaps; the danger of being caught gushing.  But I think it actually captures my true experience.

After the dance

The lift of life along my finger’s edge
sends forth a joy that flows up through my arms
with every surface sensitized, each movement led
by something holy, every footstep charmed
I come away at night in rapt communion
still preciously suspended in a web of love
still ringing, still held quiet in the chord of union
but reaching, soft, for what I’m thinking of:
to seek these friends beyond the open door
of dance, the place where now I see them shine
To learn the syntax of each life, and find
particularities of grace unknown before.
And so I humbly send forth my intention
to take these friendships to a new dimension.



©Wendy Mulhern
May 30, 2011



1 comment:

  1. Ahh, just saw this one now, on June 22nd..

    Was wanting to show these to my Mom, so I found this tucked in here :)

    Yes, yes, indeed. I see, hear, share, thank you.

    ReplyDelete