Sunday, January 30, 2011

Two sonnets for the goddess

I.
The goddess moved in me, I welcomed her
Let her cool fire lick outward toward my skin
Let my soft heat respond, suffuse the air
As joy rose swiftly upward from within
Why not? Though stern gatekeepers would prevent us
From spreading love so free, unearned, untallied
Would say such feeling, absent set conditions
Was better to be cast aside than valued
For there’s no harm if all is in her service
If every touch, however meant, will bless
Affirm divinity aroused within us
Light up our day with heightened consciousness
Each time the goddess offers to possess me
I’ll respond with a resounding yes.

II.
Much later, in the courtroom of my mind
Considering the thoughts that I had voiced
I noticed, pleased and curious to find
No stance of opposition to my choice.
In younger days I might have thought it wrong
To know the goddess, let her play a part
Along with God, in crafting my life’s song
Elucidate the function of my heart
But now my sense of what is true is clear
God can be All, and I still have the goddess
Just as I still have sunshine, mountains, stars
All good a part of Truth, resplendent Oneness
My goddess flight is granted quiet landing
So, step by step, unfolds my understanding.



©Wendy Mulhern
January 30, 2011


1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, "God can be All, and I still have the goddess Just as I still have sunshine, mountains, stars"

    I love it! I was actually wondering about where God fit. Perfectly.

    Thank you,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete