Saturday, December 31, 2016

Reflections at Year’s End














The last day of the year
dawns foggy, and continues overcast.
We sleep later than our habit,
tendrils of memories
interspersing themselves
with dreams, and with images
of streams, currents of possibility
weaving open and closed,
forming lenticular shapes along the flow

Artistic expressions from others’ lives
placed up against my own
invite reflection

These days we keep being asked
to take a side. I will not take a side,
for that is what conquers us.
I will take a stand.

I will stand for what is free and true,
I will stand for ribbons of stream flow
braiding lives into thirst-quenching unity,
I will stand for the excitement
of streaming, soul to soul,
along the course of life,
I will stand for pure reflective pools
and the welcoming in
of everything that yearns,
everything that hears.

©Wendy Mulhern

December 31, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment