Sunday, December 4, 2016

For The Taking














I see that actually
the light can’t be hid,
the gift can’t be co-opted.
The revolutionary nature of truth
can’t be bought out or bought off,
can’t be papered over
with worldly celebration

No matter how extensive
and prolonged the misdirection,
our compass, finally,
will guide us home
to where we see the gift
of our inherent liberation
has never been withheld,
and no one stops us 
from standing up to claim it

And as we claim it, we will feel
incomparable joy of solidarity
and we will fill
with that revealing light
which makes us know certainly
why we are here.

©Wendy Mulhern
December 4, 2016

Note to my email readers: I would dearly love to hear your responses, but I don't receive them when you hit "reply" to my email. (notice how it says "donotreply" in the address. That means the emails don't get to me). If you click on the blue title of my poem, it will take you to my website. At the end of the poem is a place for you to reply. I'd really love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment