Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Surprising Truth About My Being














There is no element of self destruction
in my being.
There is no fatalistic caving in
to something happening to me.
Nothing can “happen to me”,
for I am entirely the product 
of my own thoughts

I don’t come to my being
like coming upon a house
and finding rooms and furniture inside.
These feelings, postures, habits,
were not set up by someone else,
are not dependent on some outside source

This is my house, and everything here
is my choice. And I can give it all
the tenderest of care. I can untangle it
and let it all come clear

What I fathom of my source
provides my model. 
What it shows me of my essence
syncs me up with elemental joy

There is no self destruction
in my being,
for what creates me
clearly means for me to live.

©Wendy Mulhern

October 9, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment