Thursday, August 4, 2011

Morning Bike Ride

I can be satisfied
with this ride
though the bends of the river tempted me
(Further down the trail, where the reflected riverbanks
braid back and forth against the river’s turns
their dance created
by the parallax
of my gliding bike
I, thus among them
swooping bright along their smooth dips
and the uncanny depth of sky)
I can stop here
where ducks kaleidoscope 
the mirror of the placid water
Gentle turbulence, further on
makes the reflection perfect
renders it in interlocking diamonds
gliding smoothly down
Colors shimmer, dazzle
Fireweed and roses
shine forth audacious purple and pinks
Willow limbs thrill in reflected ripple light
Precise lines of houses intersect the ripples’ circles
Though traffic-roar and sirens pierce the day
The mellow quiet hovers close
I can be satisfied
with this ride.


©Wendy Mulhern
August 4, 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment