Sunday, April 3, 2011

Metaphysical healing

In this poem, my worlds intersect: the spiritual content of my other blog flows into this one, with some of the particular language from the practice of my faith.  I seem to be a slow learner in regard to relations with my son.  I can say that the results of my efforts, to the extent I have succeeded, have been overwhelmingly positive.  I just need to hold to the truth, re-establish it every day, overcome my temptation to do otherwise.  Not easy for me, but infinitely rewarding.


To Eric (who will never read this, at least not till he’s much older)

If I could learn how to eschew
the part in me that finds a fault in you
that feels alarm and strategizes how
to fix it - fix you - thinks you will allow
such intervention - thinks you will admit
you need to change, accept the sense of it
then I could shine a clearer light upon our day.

If I could master this most basic lesson
it would free me from the great transgression
that casts aspersions on the true creation
forgets to hold the primary relation
to see how the Creator’s work is sound.
That fact comes first, and goodness must abound
in all we are.  For that’s the only way
we’ll both be whole: that’s where my thought must stay.

April 3, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment