Saturday, May 13, 2023

Seeking angels

 


In charting of tomorrow's course,

I think of times I've sought
the clarity of angels

Sometimes  I've simply yearned for one
to tell me what to do,
at other times I listened
for the inner voice, the recognized imperative,
whose unity with mine released me
from the task of mapping words to action,
(where gaps appear between instruction
and my understanding)

I'll take whatever angels I can get  -
the ones that keep me company,
the ones that speak as one with me,
the ones that make me feel the wisdom is my own,
the ones that take my hand and guide me
through the vast unknown

And I'll take angels for everybody  -
none of us can navigate this world alone
we all could use their guidance
for our journey home.

©Wendy Mulhern
May 13, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment