Sunday, September 19, 2021

Trust

 


Walking down the slope today

I was remembering times of trusting  -
sweet connection, like being borne aloft
on a great swing, feeling the lift

Wondering where I left that behind,
how I came to feel
I was on my own,
earning my trustworthiness
with every step

It has been a worthy journey,
and if not earning, certainly learning
what is required of me,
what is my move to own my desire,
how I can follow it back to my core

But somewhere maybe also,
there's a place for a child's trust -
the willing reaching of my hand,
the eager leap,
to be caught, and held aloft,
to be caught up and embraced,
to feel the lift,
the certain joy, the easy grace
of seeing love so constant
in my Father's face.

©Wendy Mulhern
September 19,  2021

No comments:

Post a Comment