Sunday, July 11, 2021

The Tempter

 


The tempter urged me to consider

alternative scenarios  -
what will you do if ...?

But I will not consider them.
There is no if outside of
what we are, no condition
that puts us outside of our being

The tempter urged me
to use its timelines  -
to measure progress in terms of
things getting better

But I will not use them.
There is no getting better
than what we have always been,
there never was an incompleteness
to our essence

The tempter urged me to take a side,
made it attractive, saying
my side's so much better

But I will not take one.
There are no sides to the infinite,
there's no division in Oneness  -
and I'm secure in what I am
without the tempter. It has no place
nor purpose in my life.

©Wendy Mulhern
July 11, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment