Monday, March 25, 2013

Vignettes from the day


1.
The nappable sun
on the bench in the park
found me mellow
while boys and their fathers
launched out in a red canoe
fishing gear ready
for bonding and adventure

2.
An elderly lady and I
raced our shopping carts
down the aisle
I pulled back to not collide with others
She laughed and pulled ahead
I squeaked out through my door ahead of her
but her car was closer, so she won.
I kept laughing all the way home.

3.
This coffeehouse is empty
but for us, and the owner
and the western sun
that gleams through the windows
which frame out different sections of the sky.
Day flows into evening,
We pack up and head home
Plum blossoms scent the air —
Sweet delicate spice of Spring.

©Wendy Mulhern
March 25, 2013


1 comment:

  1. I really like these musings Wendy...makes me remind myself to slow down, and enjoy those moments when I have the time...and I am not hurried by work or other obligations, and can take the time to notice the things that bring a smile to my daily life. thanks.

    ReplyDelete