Monday, July 30, 2012

Sustenance Prayer


Hold my days, Spirit
Hold my days —
I won’t find satisfaction any other way
You are the wind that moves all;
It’s so clear
Nothing else is substance; nothing else
is even here

You are the breath of my desire and its fulfillment
You provide the inner fire 
and the inner stillness,
my going out and coming in,
My home and my adventure
Each thrill, each triumph, every friend
And all I can imagine

It does no good for me to build my dreams
with bricks of circumstances, things and schemes
Which are ephemeral
as ripples intersecting
They flash and disappear, and no projecting
of meaning onto them can make them last
(They only glint in future and in past)
But that which moves in me and gives me life
Sustains me always,
Always makes me thrive.

©Wendy Mulhern
July 30, 2012


1 comment:

  1. Holy magic wand, Wendy! As you were posting this, Maryann & I were sharing that same understanding: "core self-engagement trumps external arrangement"! : )

    ReplyDelete