Sunday, June 3, 2012

I’m in


(Notes from the third seasonal five women gathering on Vashon)

We have inhabited
a place of waves
an ebb and flow of stories
diverse perspectives that we try to reconcile
the tossing circles constantly recurring
hope baubles bobbing on their glossy surface

They bob against the undertow of sadness
and the mind’s attempt
to close the loop, to claim
the promised satisfaction dearly longed for
We can choose to float there
or step free . . . 

. . . Winds wander
Waves slap along the shore
Clouds display themselves across the sky
I step now from the land of metaphor
into the day
where sun sweetens
and geese parade their young before our eyes
Warm sand and stones smell like seaweed
by my resting face
Bright cold water licks my resting feet

I lie here and consider
Where do I immerse myself?
How do I join in this grand wheeling of the sky?
How do I find grounding in this
aliveness so much greater than
my little “I”?

I’ll take all of it
Whatever is given
Whatever way I can be used
to heal the stories, serve the greater vision
I’m ready
I’ll take all immersions offered

I feel and smell the sun, the sand
the stones, the water
Then the waves come for me
and I’m in.

©Wendy Mulhern
June 3, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment