Thursday, April 5, 2012

Parallel Paths


(to my friends)

What if we’re walking
on parallel paths of discovery?
Each in our different spheres
with our different lessons?
So when we hold them up 
for one another to see
The windows of insight 
line up miraculously

Then, though our walking 
may be overwhelmingly solo
with times where it feels
there is no one we ever could talk to
It might give us comfort 
amid our own darkness to know
We’ll have plenty in common 
when next we converge in our walking

Light matches light
Light in its buoyancy rises
Beacons from path to path
Giving us courage
Bringing fresh joy to our eyes.

©Wendy Mulhern
April 5, 2012



2 comments:

  1. I love this, Wendy. I feel this way about your friendship and our deep connection. Walking together. I look forward to the light you shine on my path.

    Thank you, dear friend.

    So like Easter every morning!!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete